Adobe Acrobat Reader
You ask- how can it be FREE??!?? Well, all you have/or are getting, is the READER part of a program called Adobe Acrobat. Adobe sells the "composer" part of the program to people like me (Rae- the designer and maintainer of these few pages for Annual Troost Avenue Festival, and Sean - the designer of the Troost Avenue Festival poster and flyers.) We are "professionals" (we PROFESS!, oh, that's protest)- so we have to have the capability of producing PDF files, you are "consumers"-, Sean and I need "consumers" to have the "reader" part or we can't send our beautiful work out to the people who need it.
The dynamic of producer and consumer is like having the first fax machine- "wow, what a great idea- send a document just the way the original looks to someone else!" - it's just that you can't send a fax to someone unless they also have a fax machine ;-). So the first fax machine was essentially useless until someone else got a fax machine-. Since the first fax machine(s) were incredibly expensive and very few businesses could afford them, the producer of fax machines took the risk of selling fax machines for less than the cost of production, so the fax machine could become valuable.
Now fax machines are in the home- small children send fax "I miss you " pictures to parents on far away business trips. Ummmm- could it be the parents are on "business" so they can pay for the fax machine....??????
- my little lecture on computer/internet history ;-) Rae
This page will be the index of current press releases and flyers (as PDFs) for the Troost Festival and other gatherings of the Troost Folks.
2012 - GROWING A VILLAGE THEME
The theme of the 8th Annual Troost Ave Festival is Growing a Village. In that spirit we call to all urban pioneers, village builders, farmers, chicken-, goat-, and bee-keepers. Come butchers, bakers, candlestick makers, and fire breathers! Those with a healing touch and spirit of adventure, come, create the Festival. All who are doing and dreaming of a sustainable inclusive community, come and showcase your passion, share your vision, and above all, celebrate each other.
Help get the word out - We'll be happy to send a speaker to your next meeting. 816-200-0731
- Handout Flyer - PDF - Festival Info and Fundraiser Dinner (3-24-12) 4/up - great for handouts
- Flyer - PDF - Festival Info and Fundraiser Dinner full page version of handout.
- Planning Meeting "WANTED" POSTER - this is a 2 sided 8.5"x14" flyer inviting participation, details on back.
- Poster 8.5x11 - (this is a 4.4 MB pdf file)
- Sponsorship & Community Exposure Opportunities
- Vendor and Exhibitors - Organizations, artists, crafters, businesses are invited to The Troost Festival.
- We require the signed release form from vendors and exhibitors
% Reconciliation Services
3101 Troost, KCMO 64109
Make checks payable to RECONCILIATION SERVICES with a notation for the 2012 Troost Festival.
- Tabling Fees*:
- Not for Profit (NFP) organizations - FREE* with your own table and chairs.
- occasional vendors - FREE* with your own table and chairs.
- business vendors - $100
*If you don't have your own table(s) and chairs, you MUST pre-arrange to rent a table and 2 chairs - $10.00 FEE 816-200-0731.
- ATTENTION FOOD VENDORS - YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A FOOD VENDOR PERMIT- Go to the KC Health Dept, 2400 Troost Ave, ste 3000, call 816-513-6315 for details - NO HOMEMADE FOOD ALLOWED (KC Health Dept)-
To read PDF files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If it is not installed on your computer (it probably is, Acrobat Reader is the most* installed/downloaded program in the world - search for Acrobat or PDF in your system), you will need to download the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader program and install it. If you can't read the PDFs with your computer and you do have Acrobat Reader installed, you may need to upgrade your version. I can't help PC people with installation. (If you continue to have trouble, check out your system for virus' or upgrading.)
*I read somewhere, sometime, that Adobe Acrobat Reader was the most installed/downloaded program. This may or may not be true now.